Over the years, we have emerged as one of the leading organizations engaged in offering Dill Seed Oil. It is obtained by steam distillation of crushed dried seeds of anethum sowa plant. This oil is used as flavoring agent in baked foods and meat. Also, this oil is in perfumes and pharmaceutical formulations. Dill Seed Oil helps in easing the mind, calms headaches and thus helps with excess sweating due to nervous tension.
- Soluble in alcohol
- Pale yellow in color
- Pleasant and aromatically sweet
Dill Seed Oil BP USP
Dill Oil is obtained by steam distillation of crushed dried seeds of Anethum Sowa Plant of Indian Origin.
Dill (Anethum graveolens), depending on where it is grown, is either a perennial or annual herb. It is the sole species of the genus Anethum, though classified by some botanists in a related genus as Peucedanum graveolens (L.)
Appearance:Fluid liquid Colour:
Colourless to Pale Yellow colour Odour:The odour is light and Fresh, Warm Spicy reminiscent of Caraway. The taste is warm slightly burring but pleasant and aromatically sweet.
Botanical Source:Anethum Sowa (Indian)
CAS No. 8006-75-5
Physico-Chemical Properties: -
- Specific Gravity: 0.910 To 0.980
- Optical Rotation (+30 To +60)
- Refractive Index:1.4860 To 1.4950
- Assay By GC:52.6% v/v of D Carvone
- Content Solubility:Soluble in Alcohol and other Organic solvents.
- Use:Used in Flavours for Baked foods, Meats etc in pharmaceuticals & some extant in Perfumery Compound