Cardamom Oil which is obtained through Steam Distilled Extraction Method. Cardamom Oil is a Colorless to very pale yellow clear liquid and is particularly helpful for the digestive system. It works as a laxative and soothes colic, wind, dyspepsia and nausea, even nausea caused by pregnancy. It warms the stomach and helps with heartburn. As a massage oil or diluted in the bath, Cardamom oil can assist with digestive system, coughs and a general tonic.
- Botanical Name : Elettaria cardamomum
- Plant Part : Seeds
- Extraction Method : Steam Distilled
- Origin : India
Description : A perennial, reed-like herb, Cardamom grows wild and is cultivated in India and Sri Lanka. It grows up to 4 meters (13 feet) and has long, green silky blades, small yellowy flowers, with a violet tip and a large fleshy rhizome, similar to ginger. Oblong gray fruits follow the flowers, each containing many seeds.
Color : Colorless to very pale yellow clear liquid
Aromatic Scent : Cardamom Essential Oil is sweet, spicy and almost balsamic in fragrance
- Specific Gravity : Between 0.917 and 0.947 at 25oC
- Refractive Index : Between 1.462 and 1.466 at 20oC
- Optical Rotation :+22 to +44
- Storage : Store preferably in full, tight containers in a cool place protected from light.